Friday, December 28, 2018

Favorite 18 Albums of 2018

18: Calvin Johnson - A Wonderful Beast

The album title says it all.




17: Horror Section - ST

Three chord punk rock about 80's horror movies, need I say more?!




16: Lebanon Hanover - Let Them Be Alien

I have a crush on this band and forever will. So dark, so brooding. so rad.




15: Anna Calvi - Hunter

POWERFUL!




14: Kidd - You And I

Are these unearthed Beatles songs? They might as well be.




13: Young Scum - ST

I'm so happy people still make music this blissful.




12: Free Cake For Every Creature - The Bluest Star

I like to imagine this is a secret home recorded album someone special gave me.




11: Basement Revolver - Heavy Eyes

A hidden treasure of dream soaked rawk.




10: I’m With Her - See You Around

The talent this album holds is immense.




9: Smoking Popes - Into The Agony

 

True blue through and through. 




8: Thoroughbreds Soundtrack

So wild and bizarre. I just can't stop listening to this.  




7: Black Panther Soundtrack

Listening to this album makes me feel cooler than I really am.




6: Pale Waves - My Mind Makes Noises

Almost every song on this album is sickly sweet in the best ways. One song is kinda dumb. But so much is wonderful. 




5: Chromeo - Head Over Heals

Long live Chromeo. Everything these guys put out is gold. This album is no exception. Also my favorite concert I went to this year.




4: The Beths - Future Me Hates Me

I'm a sucker for really well done power pop, and this album rivals the best power pop out there. Perfect 3 part harmonies, Catchy as pho hooks, Screaming solos, Weezer should be extremely jealous of the awesomeness this album basks in. 








3: 2nd Grade - Wish You Were Here Tour

I've been waiting on an official release of this album for a while. One of my all time favorite bedroom records. The first song kills me every time. All the pop sweetness you could ever want.




2: Wild Pink - Yolk in the Fur

The best album to drive down a lonely winter road to. Absolutely beautiful all the way through with strong song structures and mesmerizing writing.

















1: Snail Mail - Lush

I listened to this a million times this year. The production is outstanding. The songs remind me of being in high school again and give me that passion and excitement for music the same way I felt then. THIS ALBUM IS A FRIGGIN TREASURE. 






No comments:

Post a Comment